Like usual, I have lists and lists of things to do scattered all over my desk; now is my quarterly opportunity to compile all those lists and figure out what I really have to do.
1) Since I am still not done with Chameleon in a Mirror, getting that in shape to send to my critique partner is a top priority. Part of the problem is that it’s longer than expected. I now have over 100,000 words of Time Travel, with three chapters left to go. I’m hoping I can finish that before flying to the States to visit my family this month.
2) Get the next Alaska story, “Misty and the Magic Pumpkin Knife” (see my last post), up in time for Halloween, preferably within the next week. Since I want to participate in a Halloween group promo, this will be my first priority, seeing as it has a specific deadline.
3) Write a short story for a Kindle Boards anthology, for which I volunteered.
Those are the absolute HAVE TO DO items. Following are the goals from which I will need to choose once I’ve sent CIAM to my critique partner:
4) Write another novella in the world of Looking Through Lace.
5) Write more short stories in the world of Rolynka, Alaska.
6) Get the rest of the Alaska stories that are already written ready for publication.
7) Get my fantasy collection Story Hunger ready for publication.
8) Publish Never Ever After to B&N and Kobo.
9) Publish “Mars: A Traveler’s Guide” to Amazon and see that it goes free.
11) Brainstorm another novel in The Pendragon Chronicles.
12) Write at least one blog post a week and try to keep up with people who comment.
13) Get Yseult ready for Createspace (paperback)
14) Get Shadow of Stone ready for Createspace (paperback)
It doesn’t look like I’m going to be bored anytime soon.
I haven’t decided yet whether to participate in Nanowrimo this year, but when I look at my list, I realize I do have two projects that might work for it: I could do a couple of novellas in the world of Looking Through Lace, or I could write a prequel for The Pendragon Chronicles. Must ponder. Obviously I don’t have all my goals sorted out just yet. Hope others are farther along than me! *g*