It’s that time of year again, taking stock on how well I’ve achieved my goals in the last couple of months for “A Round of Words in 80 Days.” For those who are unfamiliar with ROW80, you can check it out here.
First off, to get it out of the way, here are the goals I didn’t achieve:
– I did NOT manage to get 50,000 words written on A Wasted Land
– I did NOT do much more experimenting with posting to Wattpad and similar sites
– I only managed to do a few experimental fast writing sessions, not enough to significantly increase my average word count
So what did I achieve?
– A Wasted Land is now at 19,000 words, which is almost 18,000 more than the beginning of the round.
– I had a wonderful vacation to Iceland and to visit family, during which I got next to no writing done. 🙂
– I got Chameleon in a Mirror off to some more beta readers, and I’m still hopeful I will be able to publish before Christmas.
– I’ve started brainstorming the sequels to Island of Glass, Facets of Glass and Shards of Glass. I’ve also been in touch with the cover artist for the first book and will hopefully soon be able to book slots for the second two.
– I started a new, long-term translation job (one of the reasons the writing progress has been slower than I hoped).
– I did Konrath’s 8 Hour Ebook Challenge, writing and publishing The Destruction of Ys in 8 hours. I got such great feedback on my little short short, that I unpublished this week. And no, that’s not a contradiction. It appears Ys might be worth a bit more work than 8 hours, so I intend to expand it and republish once I’m happy with it. 🙂
– I’m almost done with the stand-alone version of Gawain and Ragnell (taken from an episode in Shadow of Stone). I’ve also been working with my daughter on a cover for it:
So what do you guys think?
Anyway, even if I’m behind on my goals, I’m still happy with what I did manage to get done. Hope everyone else had a successful quarter as well!