For this Round of Words, Kait has challenged us to keep “deliberate practice” in mind when putting together our goals. I’m going to take her up on it, and in this round I want to concentrate on FOCUS and becoming more effective with the time I have. I’ve downloaded a program for the Pomodoro technique, a time management tool, and I’m going to try out the program Freedom with it, which shuts off the Internet for a specific amount of time. Before my writing sessions, I will also work on planning the writing I want to get done each day, having a better idea of where a specific scene will go before I start writing it, which will hopefully make it less likely that I’ll get stuck.
So that’s the deliberate practice goal. On to the specific writing (and other) goals:
– Write an average of at least two hours a day, five days a week (10 hours a week)
– Finish the first draft of A Wasted Land
– Brainstorm the next two novellas in The Glassmakers trilogy, Facets of Glass and Shards of Glass
– Start (finish?) Facets of Glass
– Be at least 240 pages into the Big Translation Project by the end of the round
– Publish Chameleon in a Mirror
– Publish Island of Glass
– Prepare CreateSpace version of Shadow of Stone
– Publish Shadow of Stone to B&N, Smashwords and D2D
– Publish “Mars, A Traveler’s Guide” to Amazon and make it free
Wishing everyone a wonderful and successful round!