Long, long ago, when I first came to Germany, I was given the nickname “Nessie” (for my last name), and I liked it so much, I kept it. Who wouldn’t want to be a big green sea monster, after all? Anyway, my son got me this excellent T-Shirt, which I think is very appropriate for a post where I have to fess up to all the things I didn’t accomplish in this round:
In case you can’t read the words, they’re “The important thing is that I believe in myself.”
Anyway, on to the accounting for the first Round of Words in 2014:
– Write every day, aiming for at least a page, or 250 words. This is really low for me, and once I manage to catch up on the translation, I can raise my goals. At that point, I will also add some specific project goals.
I did work on writing projects almost every day, but it was more revising and editing than creating new words. Still, as long as I continue to work consistently towards my writing goals, I’m pretty happy with myself.
– Be done with the Big Translation Project by the end of the round
Not quite. I am now on page 257 of 303. At least the finish line is in sight now. Maybe I can get it done before the next round starts.
– Publish Chameleon in a Mirror
– Publish Island of Glass
Nope. Only recently got the comments back from the final beta reader, so I’m still working on revisions on that one.
– Publish “The Shadow Artist”
– Upload “Leaving Sweater” to Smashwords and make it free
– Publish Shadow of Stone to B&N, Smashwords and D2D
– Publish “Mars, A Traveler’s Guide” to Amazon and make it free
No such luck.
– Make Author Page for Amazon.de and Amazon.uk
I made my author page for Amazon UK! It’s not live yet, though. I’ll provide the link when I have it. I still need to do Amazon.de.
– Update my blog’s book page
DONE!! You can see the new page here.
– Submit a short story a week to traditional publishers
Not quite. I submitted four short stories this round, of which three have already been rejected. I added this goal late, but I still should have had twice the submissions. Maybe next time!
I did have a long list of goals, and the translation is keeping me very busy, so despite all the goals I didn’t achieve, I’m still pretty happy. Hope the rest of you are too!