I realize we were supposed to post our goals yesterday, but I was tagged in the writing process meme, and I rarely have time for more than one blog post a day. Thus, writing goals for the second quarter 2014 are a day late.
The goals that I didn’t complete last round I am carrying over into this. A number of goals are a bit vague, since I have thirty pages to go on the Big Fat Translation, and I just don’t have enough time or creativity left for big picture writing goals while I’m still working on that. In the spirit of Kait’s excellent post, while I’m still translating this novel, I have to go easy on myself regarding my writing goals. Once that’s done, I can sit around with a spiral notebook for an afternoon, take notes, ask myself questions, and figure out what burns to be written.
On to the specific goals for the next quarter:
– Work on writing related projects every day. Once the Big Tranlation Project is done, return to daily page goals.
– Move forward on A Wasted Land
– Finish edits on Recontact (collab eith Jay Lake)
– Finish edits on Island of Glass
– Start Facets of Glass
– Write 2 new short stories
– Be done with the Big Translation Project by the end of April
– Publish Island of Glass
– Publish Recontact (novella with Jay Lake)
– Publish “The Shadow Artist” as ebook
– Upload “Leaving Sweater” to Smashwords and make it free
– Publish “Mars, A Traveler’s Guide” to Amazon and make it free
– Make Author Page for Amazon.de
– Submit a short story a week to traditional publishers
– Start marketing my ebooks again
Wishing everyone a successful spring!